As a teen or emerging adult, dealing with all the changes going on in life, the body, and the mind can be mighty overwhelming. When it comes to sex, everyone seems to have strong feelings and opinions about who a person should be and what they should (shouldn’t) do. How does an individual decide who to listen to? Heather Corinna and Scarleteen have provided sex education and information to millions of young people, parents, and mentors since 1998; S.E.X tackles all the big topics:
- Self-image and how to find and claim your own sexual self
- How to best protect and support your sexual and emotional health
- Sorting out gender and sexual identities, even when they’re complicated and confusing
- The latest on contraceptive methods and other reproductive choices, sexually transmitted infections, and safer sex
- Finding, creating, and managing healthy and happy relationships
- How to set and respect limits and boundaries, and rock consent
- Identifying, preventing, or healing from abuse or assault
- …and much more.
Regardless of gender or sexual identity, whether actively exploring sexuality or just getting curious, S.E.X clearly spells out what a young person needs and wants to knowno shame, no judgement, just comprehensive and accurate info in a clear, straightforward language.